Careful transaction planning and execution are essential to minimize tax exposure. Our staff experience and capabilities in this area are unparalleled.
- Entity selection considerations
- Review of contracts and documents to ensure tax strategy is implemented correctly
- Treatment of legacy tax attributes
- Cost segregation studies
Due Diligence Services
Cendrowski Corporate Advisors provides due diligence services to banks, private equity funds, private firms, public companies, and non-profit organizations. Our operational approach goes beyond traditional due diligence procedures to assess the organization’s ability to meet projected earnings and operational targets.
- We prepare Quality of Earnings Analysis of the target organization and apply our in depth forensic and operational backgrounds to our analytical model. We go beyond the traditional financial calculation approach to understand a target’s investment potential.
- Our services provide clients a laser-focused view of a target’s operations. We scrutinize the target’s internal control structures, facility operations, manufacturing sites, executive teams, and financial reporting practices. This holistic view of the target naturally complements your acquisition team’s strategic and financial savvy, making certain only the best candidates garner serious attention.
- Members of our senior team have served as operating managers in diverse industries. They are highly qualified in internal control evaluation, accounting standards, and financial analysis. Their expertise in each of these areas allows us to offer a different perspective to our due diligence clients.
- We assess the organization’s cyber risk profile, including the ability of the organization to detect and respond to cyber incidents. Additionally, we can help the fund develop ongoing monitoring procedures to help ensure their investment in the portfolio company is protected from cyber risk.
Personal Due Diligence and Pre-Employment Screenings
Often, a transaction includes retaining legacy management, previous owners, or acquiring potential board members. We regularly perform comprehensive background investigations, personal due diligence, and pre-employment screenings on such individuals, including:
- Criminal record
- Owned property
- Previous addresses
- Business associations
In the banking arena, we provide these services for banks looking to understand more about their borrowers, including those borrowers that have fallen into workout or special asset categories.
CCA also performs personal due diligence services for firms looking to perform background checks on potential target-company executives and employees.
We are frequently engaged by companies and private equity firms to conduct an assessment of company operations. These assessments provide an objective view of the current operational structures, and a path for improved future operations.
- We provide a tailored approach for each of our operational assessments. We have assisted firms with implementing long-term operational goals, as well as improving performance in the near term. Our assessments represent a unique blend of financial and operational expertise. Members of our senior team have served as operating managers in diverse industries in addition to financial expertise.
- CCA’s assessments provide companies with a clear understanding of the current state of operations along with recommended improvement opportunities, cost/benefit analyses, an implementation action plan, and the time frame to execute the plan. We develop process-monitoring controls to ensure that our improvements remain even after our engagement has concluded.
Our operational assessments:
- Assist companies in implementing near-term and long-term operational goals
- Help companies understand where processes and systems need to evolve to support current or anticipated growth
- Provide managers with objective assessments of operations, including key internal controls in operating areas
- Provide managers with key performance indicators (KPI), permitting them to easily monitor the operating health of their company