Cendrowski Corporate Advisors is a Certified Public Accounting firm founded in 1983 in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan specializing in business valuation, litigation support, forensic accounting, crisis management, tax planning and compliance, and transaction services. The firm has grown tremendously over the last 35 years and has offices in Chicago, Illinois as well as our Metro Detroit office in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
Careful transaction planning and execution are essential to minimize tax exposure. Our staff experience and capabilities in this area are unparalleled.
- Entity selection considerations
- Review of contracts and documents to ensure tax strategy is implemented correctly
- Treatment of legacy tax attributes
- Cost segregation studies
Our transactional tax services are led by Walt McGrail, JD, CPA.
Due Diligence Services
Cendrowski Corporate Advisors provides due diligence services to banks, private equity funds, private firms, public companies, and non-profit organizations. Our senior team has experience in performing due diligence services and handling complex investigations that cover a wide range of specialties. Our operational approach goes beyond traditional due diligence procedures to assess the organization’s ability to meet projected earnings and operational targets.
- We prepare Quality of Earnings Analysis of the target organization and apply our in depth forensic and operational backgrounds to our analytical model. We go beyond the traditional financial calculation approach to understand a target’s investment potential.
- Our services provide clients a laser-focused view of a target’s operations. We scrutinize the target’s internal control structures, facility operations, manufacturing sites, executive teams, and financial reporting practices. This holistic view of the target naturally complements your acquisition team’s strategic and financial savvy, making certain only the best candidates garner serious attention.
- Members of our senior team have served as operating managers in diverse industries. They are highly qualified in internal control evaluation, accounting standards, and financial analysis. Their expertise in each of these areas allows us to offer a different perspective to our due diligence clients.
- We assess the organization’s cyber risk profile, including the ability of the organization to detect and respond to cyber incidents. Additionally, we can help the fund develop ongoing monitoring procedures to help ensure their investment in the portfolio company is protected from cyber risk.
Our Due Diligence services are led by James Martin, CMA, CIA, CFE.
Personal Due Diligence and Pre-Employment Screenings
Often, a transaction includes retaining legacy management, previous owners, or acquiring potential board members. We regularly perform comprehensive background investigations, personal due diligence, and pre-employment screenings on such individuals, including:
- Criminal record
- Owned property
- Previous addresses
- Business associations
In the banking arena, we provide these services for banks looking to understand more about their borrowers, including those borrowers that have fallen into workout or special asset categories.
CCA also performs personal due diligence services for firms looking to perform background checks on potential target-company executives and employees.
Our Personal Due Diligence services are led by James Martin, CMA, CIA, CFE.
Cyber Security Due Diligence
Our team can help your company understand the cyber risks and liabilities associated with the transaction process in order to make better informed decisions. We monitor for cyber risk and create approaches to identify potential risks with mergers and acquisitions through closing and beyond.
Some of the services we offer in regards to cyber security due diligence include:
- Evaluating security policies and procedures
- Inventory IT assets, versions, and application of patches
- Monitor for intrusions or intrusion attempts through advanced endpoint monitoring agents
- Verify security over intellectual property assets
- Monitor for insertion of portable media devices
- Monitor for cloud storage site sessions (e.g. Box, Dropbox, Google Drive)
- Performing cyber risk assessments to identify potential cybersecurity risks
We are partnered with CyFir, giving our clients access to cybersecurity monitoring tools provided by some of the world’s top technical experts who have worked in government, military, and the private sector.
Business transactions (mergers, buyouts, equity investments) begin a due diligence period that may run several months. Increasingly, private equity firms and investment banks are expecting due diligence of the target company’s cyber environment. During this process, the parties will conduct various financial analyses and assess the degree of security risks involved with the transaction.
As information related to the potential transaction is revealed, the company may become a target for external snoopers or internal disgruntled employees. A cyber breach or event during the due diligence or transaction phase would interrupt the transaction.
We work closely with management teams to identify weaknesses and create solutions that improve cybersecurity measures, protect financial information, and build a roadmap for handling future cyber risk.
Our team will research and understand your industry and cultivate risk management protocol that is designed to meet your needs. Our due diligence process will identify potential threats to cybersecurity and develop security policies and internal controls to eliminate or mitigate the cyber risk.
Our Cyber Security Due Diligence services are led by James Martin, CMA, CIA, CFE.
We are frequently engaged by companies and private equity firms to conduct an assessment of organizational operations. These assessments provide an objective view of the current operational structures, and a path for improved future operations.
- We provide a tailored approach for each of our operational assessments. We have assisted firms with implementing long-term operational goals, as well as improving performance in the near term. Our assessments represent a unique blend of financial and operational expertise. Members of our senior team have served as operating managers in diverse industries in addition to financial expertise.
- CCA’s assessments provide companies with a clear understanding of the current state of operations along with recommended improvement opportunities, cost/benefit analyses, an implementation action plan, and the time frame to execute the plan. We develop process-monitoring controls to ensure that our improvements remain even after our engagement has concluded.
Our operational assessments:
- Assist companies in implementing near-term and long-term operational goals
- Help companies understand where processes and systems need to evolve to support current or anticipated growth
- Provide managers with objective assessments of operations, including key internal controls in operating areas
- Provide managers with key performance indicators (KPI), permitting them to easily monitor the operating health of their company
Our Operational Assessment services are led by James Martin, CMA, CIA, CFE.