Harry Cendrowski is a founding member and Managing Director of Cendrowski Corporate Advisors (CCA). He is also a founding member of Cendrowski Selecky PC and The Prosperitas Group. Over his 30 year career, Harry has worked hand-in-hand with businesses, private equity and venture capital funds, attorneys, and nonprofit organizations to address their needs. He has helped businesses mitigate risks, streamline their operations, and deter fraud. He is a veteran of the private equity and venture capital industries, where he has implemented back and middle office operations and performed due diligence assessments of potential portfolio companies. In the legal community, Harry’s experience has allowed him to serve as an expert witness in numerous economic damages analyses, contract disputes, lost profit analyses, business valuations, and partnership disputes. He has served as court appointed receiver for several multi-million dollar estates, and as the accountant to the trustee in high-profile bankruptcy cases. Together with other CCA team members, Harry helped developed the UPREIT organizational structure that is now common in the real estate industry.
Certifications and qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Illinois, Michigan, and Florida
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Certified Fraud Deterrence Analyst (CFD)
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF)
- FBI InfraGard Network
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Illinois Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
- Michigan Venture Capital Association (MVCA)
- International Association of Consultants, Valuators & Analysts (IACVA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (CVA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAS)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA), where he has served in various leadership roles
Harry is also a public-company Audit Committee Financial Expert and serves on the board of Birmingham Bloomfield Bancshares as Chairman of their Audit Committee, and was formerly on the Michigan Advisory Board of The Private Bank.
Harry is co-author of Enterprise Risk Management and COSO: A Guide for Directors, Executives, and Practitioners; Private Equity: History, Governance, and Operations; and, The Handbook of Fraud Deterrence, all published by John Wiley & Sons. He has also authored articles in several professional publications, including a chapter in Computer Fraud Casebook: The Bytes that Bite, a textbook centered on fraud examination.
Along with Jim Martin of CCA, Harry is a co-author of the Certified Fraud Deterrence Analyst training materials for IACVA. He serves as IACVA’s Director of Fraud and Forensic Services. He is also a co-author of the training materials used by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) in certifying Certified Forensic Financial Analysts (CFFA).
Harry is a passionate advocate for assisting families and children in need. He sits on boards of numerous nonprofit and charitable organizations and has also served on foundation and university boards. Harry is a supporter of higher-level education and served as the Chairman of the Madonna University Foundation, Vice Chairman of the Madonna University Board of Trustees, and as the Chairman of their Finance Committee and Investment Committees. Harry received a “Committed” award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals for his dedication to the educational community.
Harry received his Bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Detroit (now University of Detroit-Mercy), and is an adjunct professor in their Business Turnaround Management program.