Our team can help your company understand the cyber risks and liabilities associated with the transaction process in order to make better informed decisions. We monitor for cyber risk and create approaches to identify potential risks with mergers and acquisitions through closing and beyond.
Some of the services we offer in regards to cyber security due diligence include:
- Evaluating security policies and procedures
- Inventory IT assets, versions, and application of patches
- Monitor for intrusions or intrusion attempts through advanced endpoint monitoring agents
- Verify security over intellectual property assets
- Monitor for insertion of portable media devices
- Monitor for cloud storage site sessions (e.g. Box, Dropbox, Google Drive)
- Performing cyber risk assessments to identify potential cybersecurity risks
We are partnered with CyFir, giving our clients access to cybersecurity monitoring tools provided by some of the world’s top technical experts who have worked in government, military, and the private sector.
Business transactions (mergers, buyouts, equity investments) begin a due diligence period that may run several months. Increasingly, private equity firms and investment banks are expecting due diligence of the target company’s cyber environment. During this process, the parties will conduct various financial analyses and assess the degree of security risks involved with the transaction.
As information related to the potential transaction is revealed, the company may become a target for external snoopers or internal disgruntled employees. A cyber breach or event during the due diligence or transaction phase would interrupt the transaction.
We work closely with management teams to identify weaknesses and create solutions that improve cybersecurity measures, protect financial information, and build a roadmap for handling future cyber risk.
Our team will research and understand your industry and cultivate risk management protocol that is designed to meet your needs. Our due diligence process will identify potential threats to cybersecurity and develop security policies and internal controls to eliminate or mitigate the cyber risk.