Jodi T. Mersinger, Accomplished Tax and Business Strategy Leader, Joins CCA
Chicago – September 5, 2018 – Cendrowski Corporate Advisors (CCA) – a leading CPA firm focused on valuation, litigation advisory, risk management, and tax consulting and compliance – today announced the addition of 25-year tax and business strategy leader Jodi T. Mersinger, as the expansion of the firm’s Chicago office continues.
Mersinger brings more than two decades of tax, accounting, business strategy, and transaction services experience to CCA, adding depth to the firm’s Chicago office and at its headquarters in Bloomfield Hills, MI. Particularly experienced in working with closely-held businesses, their owners, and other executives to develop and implement business and tax savings strategies, Mersinger’s areas of expertise extend across the business lifecycle, and include:
- Transactional planning from business formation through ownership changes (including buyouts, mergers, restructuring, and spin-offs).
- Flow-through tax issues including income and debt allocations and owner distributions.
- Tax review of documents, planning and implementation with regard to acquisition agreements, operating agreements, estate planning, succession planning and valuation, as well as compensation, incentive, and nonqualified plan agreements.
- Real-estate tax planning including acquisition structuring, like-kind exchanges, cost segregation and construction accounting issues.
- Multi-location planning including interstate and international tax issues.
- Tax controversy and litigation support
“Jodi’s wealth of tax acumen, and understanding of how to deploy it on behalf of a wide range of businesses, provides our clients with an ever deeper level of expertise,” Harry Cendrowski, CCA Managing Director, said. “In addition to her work as an expert witness in tax litigation, Jodi is well known in the Chicagoland area given her two decades-plus of experience in the city’s business community,” he added.
Previously, Mersinger has held senior management tax positions with regional and national firms, including Tax Director at Sikich LLP, a national accounting and consulting firm headquartered in Naperville, IL; and, as a Senior Manager in Tax Services at Wipfli LLP, headquartered in Milwaukee, as they began to expand their IL presence. Earlier, she was a Tax Partner at the former Wolf & Company, LLP (now known as BKD) in the Chicago area, where she spent a number of years.
Mersinger graduated from DePaul University’s Charles H. Kellstadt Graduate School of Business with a Masters of Science in Taxation (MST), and from Eastern Illinois University with a B.S. degree in Accountancy.